This is the first of my little mini series on dressings. In fact, over the next week I’ll be posting three dressings recipes and I feel strongly that these are the ONLY three dressings you will EVER NEED as a vegan.
This one, for all you fancy pants, is completely oil free. I made the recipe up after crafting a huge elaborate salad, only to find the kitchen was empty of oil AND veganaise! What’s a gorl to do?? Avocado did the job PERFECKLY!
The dressing is creamy, zingy and herby fresh! Throw in a tablespoon of chopped capers and it doubles as a pretty banging avocado Caesar dressing. If you’re not a fan of raw garlic, try a teaspoon of garlic granules.
Makes about 200ml dressing.
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp dill roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chives roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp vegan yogurt
- 3 tbsp water or soy milk if you’re nasty
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, salt and the apple cider vinegar. Set aside for ten minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a food processor or a nutribullet and blend until smooth.
- Add the garlic mixture to the other ingredients and blend until smooth.