Vegan granola, packed full of nuts and seeds. Free from white sugar and completely plant-based, it’s a great start to the day!
This vegan granola is one of my favourite recipes to make. Not just because the result is absolutely delicious, but because it makes the entire house smell unbelievably good!
Seriously, if you’re selling your house and need some help convincing people to buy, bake a tray of this vegan granola before your next viewing. I guarantee you it’ll change minds and break hearts!
What makes it so good?
This vegan granola is mostly good because it’s SO SIMPLE. Seriously, just look at the ingredients! I made this a simple uncomplicated recipe because that’s how breakfast should be.
My suggestion is that you make this recipe in advance, and store in an airtight container for a lazy breakfast. It’s packed full of omega rich seeds, zero butter (obvs), stuffed with high protein nuts and has zero white sugar. I like to vary things up and mix in different additions each time I eat it (I’ve made a few suggestions below). It’s a pantry essential and trust me, your house is gonna smell like heaven for about 2 days afterwards.
The great thing about this vegan granola recipe being so simple is that you can customise it any which way you like. Breakfast is boring if you have the same thing every day, so why not try jazzing things up with these topping variations:
- Toasted shredded coconut and cacao nibs (my weekend favourite)
- Fresh blueberries and toasted hazelnuts (my piece of stuff on the side)
- Flame raisins and a pinch of nutmeg (for when I’m pretending to be classy)
You can also top a bowl of vegan yogurt with this granola and a handful of fruit for a delicious mid-afternoon snack! No judgements – granola is for ALL times of day!
Need a more HEARTY breakfast?
- No specialist equipment
- 255 g old fashioned oats the big flat rolled ones, NOT porridge oats
- 35 g spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt flakes
- 95 g pecans chopped roughly
- 95 g almonds I prefer whole for crunch but feel free to chop roughly
- 50 g mixed seeds I use a blend of linseed, sesame, pumpkin, poppy and chia, but feel free to use your imagination
- 155 ml fruit syrup maple, carob, date, agave – all work great
- 6 tbsp melted coconut oil I’ve also tried rapeseed oil and it’s just as delicious
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Preheat the oven to 150c.
- In a large bowl mix the oats, flour, cinnamon, cardamom and salt until combined. Add the nuts and seeds and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted oil, syrup and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well to combine.
- Spread the mixture out evenly onto two baking sheets and bake for 30 minutes, removing from the oven half-way through to break up and stir the granola. (In the second half of the cook time, watch the edges like a hawk and make sure they don’t burn).
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, the granola should be brittle and crunchy. Store in an airtight jar until ready to serve.