Chickpea Noodle Soup (One Pot!)
Easy, nourishing chickpea noodle soup with a perfectly satisfying broth, all whipped up in minutes using only one pot!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 an onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 large carrots peeled, halved lengthways and cut into 1/2cm semicircles
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp vegan mushroom or "chicken" bouillon
- 1.5 L boiled water
- 400g tin chickpeas drained
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 180 g spaghetti or your favourite pasta
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
Place a large saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Bring to temperature.
Add the onion and fry for two minutes. Add the garlic and fry for another minute. Don't let the garlic or onion brown.
Add the carrot, celery and cumin seeds and stir to combine. Fry for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until everything smells sweet and buttery. If the veggies start to catch and burn, add a splash of water.
Add the remaining ingredients except for the spaghetti and bring to a simmer. Add the spaghetti and, once soft, stir to separate the noodles. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to medium/low. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until the noodles and carrots are cooked through. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Serve with a sprinkle of the fresh parsley.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 33mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5216IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 4mg