Banana, Chocolate and Cardamom Oatmeal Bars
These guys are your quick fix breakfast - all in one! They’re soft, moist and light but packed with good stuff and zero refined sugar.
Servings: 12 bars
- 2 very ripe bananas I’m talking all black or very mottled skin
- 65 g natural peanut or almond butter
- 1 tbsp date syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 165 g rolled oats not porridge oats, jumbo rolled if you can find them!
- 50 g flour or coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp maldon salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- seeds of 10 cardamom pods ground
- 35 g pecans roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp mixed seeds I use linseed, sunflower, pumpkin and chia
- 60 g dates stoned and roughly chopped
- 30 g vegan chocolate chips usually 70% cacao and over is vegan, but check the label
- 2 tsp cacao nibs
Preheat the oven to 175c and line a 26 x 20 cm baking tray or rectangular cake tin with greaseproof paper.
In a large bowl, mash the bananas until smooth with a fork. Add the rest of the wet ingredients.
In a small bowl mix the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined. Spread the batter into the lined baking tray and top with the chocolate and cacao nibs.
Bake for 20 minutes until the top of the tray bake is slightly browned. Allow to cool for 30 minutes and then slice into 12 squares. You’re all set!