Hard Ginger Vinbärssaft (Redcurrant Cordial Cocktail)
The bourbon, redcurrants and the cloves make this drink Christmassy, but the ginger and the bubbles make it refreshing and light. A perfect balance, I’d say!
For the Vinbärssaft (redcurrant syrup)
- 100 g redcurrants fresh or frozen
- 3 cloves
- 35 g caster sugar
- 1/8 tsp citric acid or 1tsp lemon juice
- Put the berries cloves and sugar in a saucepan with 120ml water and bring to a boil. Simmer until the berries are all burst (around 7 minutes).
- Put the berries into a muslin bag and strain out the juice into a measuring jug being careful not to burn yourself. Add the citric acid and stir. Allow to cool.
- Makes one drink
For the Cocktail
- Ice cubes
- Lime slice to garnish
- 1 tbsp Vinbärssaft redcurrant syrup
- Juice of half a lime
- 50 ml vegan bourbon Bulleit or Woodford Reserve are great
- 200 ml ginger beer or to taste
To Make The Cocktail
Pop the ice and the lime slice into a rocks glass or small tumbler.
In a cocktail shaker add the Vinbärssaft, the lime juice and the bourbon. Pour over the ice into the glass. Top up with ginger beer.