This is a super quick recipe so I’ll keep this even quicker! It’s a delicious hummus with a gorgeous sweet, zingy beet topping. QUICK TIP: the recipe will be even FASTER if you just use that pre-cooked beetroot in the vacuum packed plastic! You’ll miss the sweet roasted vibes from the home-cooked beetroot, but you’ll save yourself around an hour of prep! Bingo!
Quick Hummus with Shredded Beetroot
For the Hummus
- 1 tin chickpeas (drained, and rinsed. Reserve the liquid for when you need some aquafaba)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp water
- 3 tsp tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
For the Beetroot
- 3 medium beetroot
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
- pinch sea salt and pepper
- small bunch fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
To make the hummus
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside
To make the beetroot
- Preheat the oven to 170c. Wrap the beets in tin foil, place on a baking tray and roast for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserts easily into the beet.
- Remove the tinfoil and leave to cool for 20 minutes. Once cool, grate the beetroot into a medium bowl. Mix with the remaining ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, put the hummus, top with the beetroot and garnish with a good drizzle of olive oil and bunch of torn parsley.