Comfort food meets bright n buttery early spring vibes! Although satisfyingly creamy, this dish feels balance, and packed with both flavour and nutrients. Serve over your carb of choice - be it tagliatelle, mashed potatoes, quinoa or boiled new spuds. Oh and don’t forget, reserve a glass of that vegan white wine for the chef (you!).
Creamy Butterbeans with Spinach and Roasted Pomodorino
- 150 g pomodorino cherry tomatoes (or any sweet cherry tomatoes)
- 20 g vegan butter (I use baking block)
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- ½ yellow onion
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 60 ml vegan white wine
- 120 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tin butterbeans (drained)
- 40 g fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoon vegan creme fraiche (I use Oatly)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in a small non-stick baking tray and drizzle with a little rapeseed or olive oil. Sprinkle with some flaky salt and pop in the oven to roast for 20 minutes.
- In a medium, deep frying pan or skillet over medium heat, add the 20g vegan butter and melt. Once it starts spitting, add the oil and the onion. Fry for a minute and then add the garlic. Fry for a further few minutes until the onions are soft and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the wine to the pan and simmer for a few minutes until the volume has reduced by half. Add the stock and butterbeans. Cover with a lid and reduce temperature to low. Cook for a further five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After five minutes, add the spinach and stir in gently. The spinach should wilt nicely but remain vivid green. Stir in the creme fraiche and squeeze in the lemon juice. Finish by stirring in the roasted tomatoes. Taste, season and serve.
- (I like to serve with tagliatelle or just eat straight from the pan with some fresh, warm bread)