- 5 apricots stoned and quartered
- 2 cups water
- 50 g caster sugar
- 4 strips of orange zest is a potato peeler
- Seeds of 5 cardamom pods
For the Ricotta
- 100 g vegan cream cheese
- 30 g icing sugar
- 70 g silken tofu
- 40 g coconut oil melted
- 30 g golden syrup
- 30 g coconut oil
- 30 g pecans chopped
- 2 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
- 30 g rolled oats
- 8 g flour
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- Seeds of 5 cardamom pods ground in mortar and pestle
- Good pinch of maldon salt
To Make the Apricots
- Bring the water and sugar to the boil in a medium saucepan. Add the orange zest and cardamom seeds and boil for a minute.
- Add the apricots and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 3 mins.
- Transfer the Apricots using a slotted spoon to a bowl. Pour in the syrup from the pan through a sieve until the Apricots are just covered. Return the pan and what’s left of the syrup to the job over medium heat. Reduce for 10 minutes until the volume has reduced by about half. Again, pour the syrup over the apricots through a sieve. Allow to cool for twenty minutes and then cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
To Make the Ricotta
- Place all the ingredients into a high speed blender and blitz until almost smooth. (You can go completely smooth if you like but the texture resembles ricotta more if you leave it slightly lumpy)
- Remove and refrigerate for an hour in a covered container.
To Make the Brittle
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with parchment.
- In a small pan over low heat mix together the coconut oil and the golden syrup until melted and combined.
- Meanwhile mix all the other ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour the coconut oil mixture over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread out evenly onto the parchment lined baking tray and place in the oven for 15 minutes, removing to stir half way through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool thoroughly before breaking up into pieces.
To Plate Up
- Put a large spoon of the ricotta onto a plate. Top with apricots and then top with the brittle pieces.