I think this platter is pretty much exactly what people assume I eat as a vegan: leads of raw veg and some hummus. As this blog has proved, that’s a myth. I serve this guy at any party, year-round (obviously feel free to switch up the veg for something more seasonal). It’s perfect for Christmas and does a pretty good job of keeping people happy until dinner is served.
Smoked Butterbean Cruditée Platter
For the Cruditée Platter
- 4 small heritage carrots (sliced in half lengthways)
- Handful of sugar snap peas
- 10 radishes (halved)
- Leaves of 1 chicory bulb
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- ¼ Cauliflower (broken into florets)
- 5 baby courgettes
- Handful of purple sprouting broccoli
For the Quick Pickled Onions
- 1 medium red onion
- 200 ml white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
For the Hummus
- 1 tin butterbeans (drained)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- ¼ teaspoon maldon salt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice plus more for topping
- 2-4 tablespoon water
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pine nuts for topping
To Make the Quick Pickled Onions
- Slice the onions as thinly as possible (ideally using a mandolin). Place in a ziplock bag or small Tupperware container.
- In a small bowl combine the vinegar with the salt and sugar. Stir well until the sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Pour over the onions. Cover and place in the fridge for minimum 20 minutes.
To Make the Hummus
- In a small frying pan, add the olive oil and bring to a medium heat. Add the garlic and fry until starting to brown. Turn off the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- In a high speed blender, add the butterbeans. On top of the butter beans pour the oil and garlic from the pan. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. If too thick, add another tablespoon lemon juice or water.
- Arrange the chopped veg around the hummus and pickled onions.
Love this recipe?Let me know on Instagram!