I’ll keep this brief. It’s a super simple salad which lets those pickled cauliflower florets sing at the top of their lungs! It’s crunchy, aromatic and sweet. It’s also 99% raw, so it’s a super healthy side salad or even a main when topped with some grilled tofu!
Shaved Carrot and Pickled Cauliflower Salad
- 3 medium heritage carrots (pick the colourful ones if you can find them)
- 5 or 6 radishes (some sliced in half, some sliced thinly using a mandolin)
- 2 shallots (sliced thinly using a mandolin)
- 5 tablespoon pickled cauliflower
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander (torn roughly)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 batch Tahini Lemon Vinaigrette
- Make the Tahini Lemon Vinaigrette. Add the sliced shallot to the dressing and set aside.
- Place a small frying pan over a medium low heat. Add the fennel seeds and toast for a minute until fragrant, swirling the pan constantly. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Peel the carrots, then, still using the peeler, shave the carrots into thin ribbons. Place the ribbons of carrot into a large bowl. Add the radishes and the pickled cauliflower and dress with the vinaigrette. Top with the toasted fennel seeds and the coriander.